SILVER STATE OFF-ROAD ALLIANCE YOUR PARTNER FOR NEVADA OFF-ROAD RECREATION
SORRA’s mission is to help establish new and maintain existing trails through responsible stewardship, as well as ensure access to our public lands. SSORA provides individual enthusiasts, clubs and established organizations with education, training and support related to protecting recreational opportunities throughout the Silver State. Our focus is to assist off-road groups navigate the maze of regulations, laws, government agencies and land managers in accomplishing real-world results. We operate as a liaison with other public land stakeholders whose actions impact outdoor recreation. SSORA, through its affiliated organization Great Basin Policy Partners (GBPP), will act as a centralized and effective voice for the off-road community with our local, state and federal policy makers who govern the use of our public lands.
SSORA started with a generous grant from the Nevada Commission on Off-Highway Vehicles (ohv.nv.gov/commission) to fill this role and help the OHV Community become a united front.
SILVER STATE OFF-ROAD ALLIANCE THE VOICE FOR NEVADA OFF-ROAD RECREATION
We must accept that without coordinated advocacy we are getting left behind by better organized recreational groups and the policy makers whose ear they have been bending for years. Where have you been? Actually using the back country trails? Good for you! But, these opportunities will be disappearing if we don’t take action now, with bills like the Washoe County Lands Bill (now the Truckee Meadows Public Lands Management Act), the Clark County Lands Bill, the Douglas County and Pershing County Lands Bills
There are opportunities for us to come together and protect access to OUR public lands. BECOME A MEMBER TODAY!
As part of the Membership you will enjoy the following benefits:
- You will be kept up to date on the latest regarding access issues through the Members Only page.
- You will be directed where to go and who to contact with your voice. (Links to policy makers and form letters will be provided).
- You will have SSORA’s voice with land managers and government agencies.
- We will provide training and educational opportunities for your membership about the rules and regulations that apply to OHV use, directly and through our partners.
- We will assist in acquiring permits for your local events with land mangers (Forest Service and Bureau of Land Management). Discounted insurance available through your membership.
- We will assist in acquiring and managing grants from organizations such as the Nevada OHV Commission for projects such as establishing, maintaining, and signing YOUR favorite trails. We have several projects in the works already.
- We will assist you with access issues, such as gates and other impediments to access to YOUR public resources and lands. (Discounted Litigation services available).
SSORA’s Guiding Values
- Responsible Ridership